Finding a job has never been harder, but even now people are being hired on a daily basis. So how do you land a job? Here’s a few tips to help you find employment.
- Be persistent. Don’t stop searching until you get the job you want. You never know how close you are to finding a job. Your next interview might be the one and you can’t get a job if you quit looking.
- Network. Many job positions aren’t advertised, so your only chance of getting those jobs is by hearing about it from the contacts in your network.
- Only apply for jobs that you qualify for. When it comes to job hunting, don’t make it a numbers game. Your job hunt should be focused on quality, not quantity. You will be wasting both your time and the company’s time by applying for jobs you won’t get. Instead, be selective about where you apply.
- Customize your resume for reach job you apply for. Look for certain keywords they use in their job listing. Then use similar language in your resume so it appears you are a perfect match.
- Research. Before your job interview, research the company by visiting their site. See what the company vision is and let them know how you fit into their company.
What kind of tricks and tips have you used in order to help you land the job you were after?